Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Beatitudes

Father, the message of Jesus has wrecked me yet again. So different from the culture, even in the church.

.

.

Your kingdom is at hand... and it costs everything.

.

.

Your Kingdom is opposite of all I know within myself.

.

.

Blessed are those who are poor in spirit, those who mourn, the meek, those who hunger and thirst for righteousness... before You, those who see their deep need for you. Not what they have and can do on their own, because only you make a way.

.

.

Blessed are the merciful, pure in heart, the peacemakers and those who are persecuted for your sake... before others and the overflow of the depth and truth of how we live our lives in relationship with you.

.

.

Help me to walk out this life you have placed me in. Help me not strive for an outward appearance of godliness, but make my heart pure and only desire the Kingdom of God.

Matthew 5

.

.

#breathingprayers #prayingthescriptures #kingdomofgod #pureinheart #pure #meek #mourn #hungerandthirstforrighteousness #hunger #thirst #merciful #peacemaker #peacemakers #persecuted #wellwateredwomen #womenoftheword #biblejournaling #illustratedfaith 

No comments:

Post a Comment