Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Abide

Father, I have heard it all my life. Jesus love me. But the last few years my eyes have begun to see and my heart has begun to grasp the depth of your grace... there isn't a thing more I can do to gain your love. You love me. As I sat in a group of women I heard those words and began to weep. Such simple words. 


I've always felt I had to do more, be more, be better. Be good. 


But the thought came to me... Christ's love compels us. It should. But what if I'm not being compelled? Maybe I am not compelled because I haven't felt the depths of your love. Unconditional, unchanging, unfailing love. There is nothing I can do to change it. Father, why is that so hard to even say? I doubt and wonder how it is possible. 


Father, write on my heart. Teach me how to fully abide in your love. To never leave living in your love and to stop the lies in their tracks. 


Thank you that I while I was still a sinner you sent Jesus because you SO LOVED the world. 

Thank you that I am called Beloved. 

John 15


#breathingprayers #prayingthescriptures #love #godislove #biblejournaling #illustratedfaith #abide #abideinmylove 

No comments:

Post a Comment