Monday, May 15, 2017

Fight

Jesus had just performed the miracle of five loaves and two fish. He had just given thanks, broken and gave provision to them. The disciples had just walked away with twelve baskets left over. Yet, just a few hours later, they felt far from Jesus and began to fear. Because their hearts were hardened, the truth of Jesus' miracle had not sunk deep into their hearts and taken root. 


Father, I see this fear overtaking the disciples and I see it overtaking me. I see your miracles and experience them in my life and when I come out of the trouble times, your truths have not taken root. I fall into fear again. Their hearts were hardened, maybe because the work of the ministry was their normal. It grew old easily. 


When Jesus appeared to them you told to take heart, do not be afraid. Because you were with them in that storm. Your provision surrounded them. 


Father, thank you that you are with me always and you have given me the weapons to fight the fear. Help me to stand firm in who I am in you. Make my heart soft so that your truth can penetrate the depths of my heart and kill the fear. 

Mark 6


#breathingprayers #prayingthescriptures #biblejournaling #illustratedfaith #fear #faithoverfear 

No comments:

Post a Comment